RESOURCE & DISCOVERY BOXES
Africa in the Rockies curates thematic Discovery Boxes which include objects related to particular activities, topics, or cultural contexts for hands-on exploration in the classroom.
These boxes are FREE lending resources for educators.
The following Resource & Discovery boxes are available for loan in your classroom. Specifically curated boxes are also available.
You can request a box(es) here.
- Africa in the Rockies collection of games contains traditional games like Mcala, Bao Bao, and Hkata, as well as numerous board games that foster an understanding of geography, history, wildlife, ecosystems and culture.
- Several beginner to advanced-level Africa-themed puzzles are also available.
- Books and lesson plans on African games
- Africa in the Rockies collection of textiles represents over 25 countries and includes pieces from Nigeria, Congo, Mali, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Senegal, Togo, Benin, Kenya, Tanzania and more. Traditional Shukas, mud cloth, sadza painting and batiks are among the vibrate selection.
- Books on fabric arts
- Lesson plans and activities involving traditional fabrics.
- Africa in the Rockies collection of music includes numerous recordings from all across the continent.
- Traditional and contemporary
- Books on traditional instruments
- Classroom activities and lesson plans.